Abel SDS Series Reels - Underwood Graphic
"Best New Saltwater Reel" at the 2016 International Fly Fishing Show
The Sealed Drag Salt (SDS) is a marvel. It is powerful, reliable, smooth, and capable of taking on saltwater gamefish of all sizes. It is perfect for fighting big bones on light tippet and has all the power needed to halt a hard-fighting tarpon in it's tracks.
Abel is adding to its reputation with this new model and new drag system. The unique, completely sealed, multi-disc drag system has the top braking power int he world of fly reels.
The SDS promises a lifetime of fail-free use and durability.
- 6061-T651 Aerospcae grade aluminum
- Alternating stacked fluorocarbon polymer composite and stainless steel disc drag
- Quick change spool option
- User convertible retrieval direction
- Large arbor, maximum capacity spool
- Guaranteed to last a lifetime
- Made in the USA
Underwood Graphic Reels - Every now and then, we come across an artist whose work naturally fits Abel's palette of custom finishes. This time, that artist is Casey Underwood. Each of these original designs was created to correspond with a specific model in the Abel lineup. Individually laser engraved, and put through a proprietary polishing/texturizing process, these reels feature an innovative, first of its kind finish. Though complicated, the process requires less time than our hand-anodized graphic finishes, allowing for a Base Price + $200 premium on gloss black, or + $300 on any solid color gloss finish reel.
Solid color reels, spare spools and custom fish finishes are available. Each is slightly unique and every order is special. Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
- Choose any solid color for your Slammin' graphic
- Graphic cost is for spool and frame only. Additional options for drag knob can be purchased for an additional charge - Give us a call toll-free at 800-669-3474
|Model||Lines||Black w/ Graphic
||Color w/ Graphic