Abel SDF Series Reels - Underwood Graphic
Winner of the best new freshwater reel at the 2017 ICAST/IFTD show
The Abel SDF is the pinnacle of the fresh water reel world. The SDF takes from its bigger brother the SDS a fully sealed drag system and more stopping power than anyone could ever desire nestled neatly in an impervious sealed housing. The reels are hand crafted one at a time by multiple artists! Beginning from the raw billets of custom aluminum the machining process is long and tedious requiring surgical precision. From there the reels are cleaned, tumbled and then hand polished by the team in Camarillo, California and painstakingly anodized by hand one at a time by a set of skilled artists. There is truly nothing you can throw at this reel that it can't handle. One thing to note is that don't let the name fool you. Whether you're fishing the fresh or salt water this reel is at home from the beaches of the Pacific Northwest to the trout stream of Montana and into the flats of your favorite tropical destination. It can handle the game you throw at it!
- User convertible retrieval system
- Large arbor increases line retrieval rate and reduces line memory
- Almost a full ounce lighter than the original SD
- Drag pressure ranges from zero to an amazing 10 pounds
- Incredibly wide range of drag adjustment from zero to max
- Designed & machined by trout junkies in Colorado
- Quick change spool
- Made in USA
Underwood Graphic Reels - Every now and then, we come across an artist whose work naturally fits Abel's palette of custom finishes. This time, that artist is Casey Underwood. Each of these original designs was created to correspond with a specific model in the Abel lineup. Individually laser engraved, and put through a proprietary polishing/texturizing process, these reels feature an innovative, first of its kind finish. Though complicated, the process requires less time than our hand-anodized graphic finishes, allowing for a Base Price + $200 premium on gloss black, or + $300 on any solid color gloss finish reel.
Solid color reels, spare spools and custom fish finishes are available. Each is slightly unique and every order is special. Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
- Choose any solid color for your Ridge Risers graphic
- Graphic cost is for spool and frame only. Additional options for drag knob can be purchased for an additional charge - Give us a call toll-free at 800-669-3474
|Model||Lines||Weight||Black w/ Graphic
||Color w/ Graphic
|SDF 4/5||4 - 5||5.02 oz||$895.00||$995.00|
|SDF 5/6||5 - 6||5.42 oz||$955.00||$1,055.00|
|SDF 6/7||6 - 7||5.63 oz||$995.00||$1,095.00|