Abel SDS (Sealed Drag Salt) Saltwater Fly Reels
"Best New Saltwater Reel" at the 2016 International Fly Fishing Show
The Sealed Drag Salt (SDS) is a marvel. It is powerful, reliable, smooth, and capable of taking on saltwater gamefish of all sizes. It is perfect for fighting big bones on light tippet and has all the power needed to halt a hard-fighting tarpon in it's tracks.
Abel is adding to its reputation with this new model and new drag system. The unique, completely sealed, multi-disc drag system has the top braking power int he world of fly reels.
The SDS promises a lifetime of fail-free use and durability.
- 6061-T651 Aerospcae grade aluminum
- Alternating stacked fluorocarbon polymer composite and stainless steel disc drag
- Quick change spool option
- User convertible retrieval direction
- Large arbor, maximum capacity spool
- Guaranteed to last a lifetime
- Made in the USA
Fish Graphic Abstract Reels are each created individually by the Abel art department. The reels resemble the markings of fish species and captures the essence of our sport. Each reel is anodized individually by hand, using Abel's unique artistic metallurgical process.
Solid color reels, spare spools and custom fish finishes are available. Each is slightly unique and every order is special. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
- Solid Colors are an additional $100 (Satin Black, Blue III, Satin Blue III, Deep Blue, Satin Deep Blue, Bronze, Satin Bronze, Dark Brown, Satin Dark Brown, Deep Green, Satin Deep Green, Grass Green, Satin Grass Green, Lime Green, Satin Lime Green, Dark Olive, Satin Dark Olive, Olive, Satin Olive, Orange, Satin Orange, Platinum, Satin Platinum, Pink, Satin Pink, Purple, Satin Purple, Red, Satin Red, Slate, Satin Slate, Teal, and Satin Teal)
- Fade Graphics are an additional $200 (Black/Blue Fade Satin Black/Blue Fade, Black/Green Fade, Satin Black/Green Fade, Black/Platinum Fade, Black/Red Fade, Northern Lights Fade, Flats Fade, Baja Fade, Sunset Fade, and Rasta Fade)
- Tier 1 Graphics are an additional $250 (Atlantic Salmon, Chinook, Chrome Steelhead, Classic Dorado, Rainbow Trout, Redfish, Retro Caribbean, Retro Carnival, Retro Fire, Retro Green Black, and Wild Trout)
- Flag Graphics are an additional $300 (Bahamas Flag, Chicago Flag, Colorado Flag, Cuba Flag, Texas Flag, USA Flag, and Zia Sun NM Flag)
- Tier 2 Graphics are an additional $400 (Bonefish, Classic Brook Trout, Classic Brown Trout, Dorado, Native Brook, Native Brown, Native Rainbow, Native Cutthroat, Peacock Bass, Tiger Trout, Skull & Crossbones, and Yamame)
- Signature/Legacy Graphics are an additional $700 (DeYoung Brook Flank, DeYoung Brown Flank, DeYoung Carp Flank, DeYoung Cutthroat Flank, DeYoung Montana Brown, DeYoung Rainbow Flank, Larko Bonefish, Larko Brown Trout, Osiris Tribal Grizzly, Osiris Tribal Raven, Osiris Tribal Salmon, and Ball & Buck)
- Graphic cost is for spool and frame only. Additional options for drag knob can be purchased for an additional charge - Give us a call toll-free at 800-669-3474