Hatch Iconic Fly Reels
American Made Excellence
The much anticipated new Hatch Iconic fly reel has finally dropped and is available to the public! We have been looking forward to this for well over a year, but the lousy pandemic ruined even the best laid plans. When California locked down the state, Hatch’s original launch date for the Iconic got lost. And once they were finally allowed to go back to work, they started pushing again and have gotten all caught up with an army of reels ready to go today! Your patience has finally paid off! Read Justin Miller's gear review on the new Hatch Iconic HERE.
The Iconic reel retains the now "Iconic Hatch" window pattern with 6 fins, recalling the original Finatic model. Instantly identifiable and classic, the Hatch look is simply Iconic. However, they were due for a style upgrade that can be seen in the shape of their drag knob - which brings depth - and their ‘H’ brand logo. They now use a bright dip finishing that brings out the shine of the machined parts while also keeping the strong coloring of matte anodize.
Large Arbor or Mid Arbor? If you are looking for max capacity on your backing, then the Mid Arbor is the choice for you. This reduced arbor gives you the ability to add quite a bit more backing for those long runs.
- Machined Reel Seat - Hatch was the first and only reel manufacturer to make the reel body out of one piece.
- New Handle/Counterweight - The new handle design significantly reduces the risk of galvanic corrosion. While they have retained the aluminum handle, it has a softer look and feel.
- New Spool Nut - On the Iconic they have implemented a one piece design in order to prevent pieces from coming apart.
- New Spool Design - They have ported the spool arbor which will allow lines to dry better on the reel after use - think of it as ventilation. They have also cut aesthetic holes into the Mid Arbor spools.
- Improved Sealing - They have increased sealing by eliminating water entry points through subtracting superfluous components from past models.
- Improved Stability - The Iconic reel does not utilize a cassette to house the drag system as in the past models - instead, it is now built into the body.
- New Drag Material - Their new carbon-filled drag material not only dissipates heat faster but also creates a smoother feel.
- Available in Mid Arbor (5+ through 11+) or Large Arbor (All sizes)
- COLORS: Clear/Blue or Grey/Black
|Iconic 3 Plus||3 - 5||4.9 oz||3.25″||.850″||$525.00|
|Iconic 4 Plus||4 - 6||5.25 oz||3.425″||.850″||$575.00|
|Iconic 5 Plus||5 - 7||5.94 oz||3.75″||.904″||$625.00|
|Iconic 7 Plus||7 - 9||8.89 oz||4.125″||1.05″||$725.00|
|Iconic 9 Plus||9 - 11||10.2 oz||4.375″||1.20″||$875.00|
|Iconic 11 Plus||11 - 13||11.3 oz||4.75″||1.285″||$950.00|