Hardy Model Perfect 4-Inch Wide Reel
The most perfect of the Model Perfect reels. It's changed very little since its introduction in 1891 and the 4 incher is considered by many experts to be the most classic 7 or 8-weight spey reel ever made for most steelhead, large sea trout or smaller Atlantic salmon.
Model Perfects are machined from solid bar stock aluminum, then hard-anodized for durability and polished to a satin smooth, gunmetal grey finish. Their sweet-sounding spools rotate on stainless steel ball bearings and are held in check by a time-tested, click-and-pawl drag that's rated as among the most reliable in the world of fly fishing. Nothing sounds like a Hardy!
- Time proven, adjustable check system with that traditional ‘Hardy sound’
- Wide Spool design increases line capacity
- Stainless steel ball bearings provide frictionless running
- Engineered from bar stock aluminum with naval brass 1 piece spindle
- Deep anodized for strength and durability; smooth gunmetal grey satin finish
- Ivorine handle
- Easily changed from left to right hand wind
- Supplied in a soft leather, sheepskin lined reel pouch