Similar in taper design to 25' Sinking Tip, these shorter sinking tips are available in two optional tip densities appropriate for different situations.
These very effective lines are ideal for streamers or wet flies in a variety of stillwater, rivers, and streams. They are indispensable in Alaska, Kamchatka, and the large streams and rivers of the American west.
So you know where the fish are holding. You’ve done your research. But you just don’t know how deep they are. Luckily, the SONAR Sink Tip fly line offers a variety of solutions for all of your depth-finding needs. Just below the surface? Try the Sink 3. Holding steady in the shadowy depths? Get the Sink 5. Experimentation is the name of the game, so maybe it makes sense to try all three densities.
- Ideal for streamers and wet flies for steelhead, salmon, and bass in moving water
- Longer taper provides easy turnover, better presentation
- Braided multifilament core
- Sink Tip Sink Rates:
- Sink 3 = 2.50 – 4.25 ips (4-9 wt.)
- Sink 5 = 5.50 – 6.50 ips (5-9 wt.)
- Line Color: Sink 3 (Sand/Dark Green tip); Sink 5 (Sand/Dark Gray tip)
|Sink 3 Code||Sink 5 Code||Line Weight||Head Length||Total Length||Grain Weight *||Price|