The Evolution R is not only lightweight, but also incredibly rigid and durable, with a unique geometry that is as functional as it is stylish. The innovative shape of the ultra-large arbor spool is engineered to force the even winding of the line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved - something never before seen in a fly reel.
The new drag design is also an industry first: a fully sealed, bonded proprietary carbon fluoropolymer and stainless steel interface that delivers smooth power in a lightweight, compact package. Start up inertia is virtually non-existent to protect the most delicate of tippet. The Evolution R’s extremely wide range of brake adjustment also manages to produce some of the highest drag pressure found in a fly reel.
This all is controlled by a subtle yet striking, frame-integrated drag knob that blends perfectly into the form of the reel. Its solid grip allows for easy manipulation of settings - even while wearing gloves. Couple this with the canvas phenolic handle, first introduced by Ross Reels, the on-the-water functionality of the Evolution R is second to none.
- Ultralight Weight - All models less than 4.5 oz and fully machined from 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
- Sealed Drag - Industry leading power-to-weight ratio in a fully sealed system | Proprietary carbon fiber and stainless steel disc stack
- Stainless Steel Internals - All internal components are machined stainless steel
- Custom Handle Material - Fully machined canvas phenolic rod, resting on a 7075-T6 chromated aluminum post yields reduced weight and increased grip when wet
- Finish - Type II anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Connected & Conversion - Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Fly Line Coverage - 3wt. - 8wt.
- Fishing Applications - Designed for use in all freshwater and warmwater fishing environments
- Available Colors - Black or Platinum
- Lifetime Warranty
|#EVORS 3/4||Evolution R 3/4||0.975"||3.425"||3 - 4||WF3 + 90||$275.00|
|#EVORS 4/5||Evolution R 4/5||0.975"||3.525"||4 - 5||WF4 + 95||$280.00|
|#EVORS 5/6||Evolution R 5/6||0.975"||3.775"||5 - 6||WF5 + 110||$285.00|
|#EVORS 7/8||Evolution R 7/8||0.975"||4.025"||7 - 8||WF8 + 160||$300.00|