The Cimarron II will set the standard for affordable large arbor fly reels by incorporating a superior drag mechanism that is extraordinarily smooth, heat resistant and provides incredible stopping power. The series is fully machined out of a proprietary aluminum alloy, fully anodized for protection and built to take the type of abuse applied to a reel that is used every day of the season.
The Ross Reels® Cimarron II is the newest generation in a line of quality, American-made fly reels. Its bold, linear porting gives it a distinctive look, while reducing weight and maintaining the strength and rigidity that Ross is known for. The Delrin® 500AF, Teflon-impregnated disc drag system has been upgraded using new composite materials and stainless steel, boasting over twice the amount of drag pressure of its predecessor. Even with all of this additional power, the drag remains silky smooth and has zero start up inertia, which will protect the lightest tippet. These features make the Cimarron II a fantastic reel with performance and reliability that will be at home on any body of water.
- Stainless steel thrust washer for improved drag strength and durability
- Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired linear porting
- Machined Delrin® Handle for improved grip and control
- Rugged, square-shaped drag knob yields positive grip in all fishing conditions
- Anodized aluminum spool release
- Large Arbor design for fast line retrieval and reduced line memory
- Frame/Spool Material - Single piece 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy frame and spool
- Drag Material - Delrin® 500AF with impregnated Teflon - space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self-lubricating and maintenance free
- Drag Mechanism - Composite Delrin® 500AF to stainless steel interface - push frame friction disc drag system with redundancy radial pawl engagement and seamless transition between line-in and drag engagement (no startup inertia)
- Spool Rotation, Connection and Conversion - Spool is machined from a solid piece of aluminum fitted on a stainless steel spindle. The quick release housing is also machined aluminum with a Type II locking spool, easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Finish - Type II Anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Fly Rod Coverage - 2wt. - 10wt. & Spey 6wt. - 8wt.
- Fishing Application - Designed for use in all freshwater, warmwater and saltwater fishing environments
- Available Color - Black
- Lifetime Warranty
|Model||Width||Diameter||Line Weight||Capacity||Spey Lines||Price|
|CLA2 3-4||0.97"||3.125"||3 - 4||WF3 + 75||-||$130.00|
|CLA2 4-5||0.97"||3.25"||4 - 5||WF4 + 100||-||$135.00|
|CLA2 5-6||1.01"||3.50"||5 - 6||WF5 + 150||-||$140.00|
|CLA2 7-8||1.09"||3.875"||7 - 8||WF8 + 200||6/7/8 + 125||$160.00|
|CLA2 9-10||1.17"||4.25"||9 - 10||WF9 + 250||8/9/10 + 175||$180.00|