Winner of the best new freshwater reel at the 2017 ICAST/IFTD show
The Abel SDF is the pinnacle of the fresh water reel world. The SDF takes from its bigger brother the SDS a fully sealed drag system and more stopping power than anyone could ever desire nestled neatly in an impervious sealed housing. The reels are hand crafted one at a time by multiple artists! Beginning from the raw billets of custom aluminum the machining process is long and tedious requiring surgical precision. From there the reels are cleaned, tumbled and then hand polished by the team in Camarillo, California and painstakingly anodized by hand one at a time by a set of skilled artists. There is truly nothing you can throw at this reel that it can't handle. One thing to note is that don't let the name fool you. Whether you're fishing the fresh or salt water this reel is at home from the beaches of the Pacific Northwest to the trout stream of Montana and into the flats of your favorite tropical destination. It can handle the game you throw at it!
- User convertible retrieval system
- Large arbor increases line retrieval rate and reduces line memory
- Almost a full ounce lighter than the original SD
- Drag pressure ranges from zero to an amazing 10 pounds
- Incredibly wide range of drag adjustment from zero to max
- Designed & machined by trout junkies in Colorado
- Quick change spool
- Made in USA
Fish Graphic Abstract Reels are each created individually by the Abel art department. The reels resemble the markings of fish species and captures the essence of our sport. Each reel is anodized individually by hand, using Abel's unique artistic metallurgical process.
Solid color reels, spare spools and custom fish finishes are available. Each is slightly unique and every order is special. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- Solid Colors are an additional $100 (Blue III, Bronze, Deep Blue, Deep Green, Olive, Pink, Platinum, Purple, Red, Slate, Teal, Satin Black, Satin Blue III, Satin Olive and Satin Slate)
- Tier 1 Graphics are an additional $250 (Atlantic Salmon, Chinook, Chrome Steelhead, Dorado, Rainbow Trout, Redfish, Tarpon and Wild Trout)
- Tier 2 Graphics are an additional $400 (Native Brook Trout, Native Brown Trout, Native Rainbow Trout, Bonefish, Brook Trout, Brown Trout, and Yamame)
- Signature/Legacy Graphics are an additional $700 (DeYoung Brook Flank, DeYoung Brown Flank, DeYoung Carp Flank, DeYoung Cutthroat Flank, DeYoung Montana Brown, and DeYoung Rainbow Flank)
- Graphic cost is for spool and frame only. Additional options for drag knob, reel foot & spool cap can be purchased for an additional charge - Give us a call toll-free at 800-669-3474
||Tier 1 Graphics||Tier 2 Graphics||Signature/Legacy Graphics|
|SDF 4/5||4 - 5||$420.00||$520.00||$670.00||$820.00||$1,120.00|
|SDF 5/6||5 - 6||$455.00||$555.00||$705.00||$855.00||$1,155.00|
|SDF 6/7||6 - 7||$480.00||$580.00||$730.00||$880.00||$1,180.00|